November 9, 2011

Rap..that I Actually Like?? What Is This?

It's been a very, very, long time since I've liked any FORM of rap music.  But I can honestly say that day is over. I've stumbled across a interesting idea/take on rap.


How did this happen?, you ask, well I'll tell you.

I logged into my Youtube account as I do everyday to check my subscriptions, when I started watching Epic Meal Time, at the end of their videos for the past few weeks off and on, they have had this pretty wicked rap song about them and I, among many others obviously asked in the comments below, "What is the outro song, whose it by, it's pretty awesome."  Well EMT came back with a link to the page of the people who made it.

I was like, O.O link and I clicked it, hoping to find the EMT song, it's not there yet but I did listen to some of the other stuff on the page and well I found myself enjoying rap music for the first time in ages.  Who is getting me to enjoy their rap?, you ask.  Well I present to you;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKA6yOtLq7k&feature=share

Commodore 84 +A1!

These guys have a very interesting take on rap and techno.

This is from their Youtube page...

"Blending classic hip hop with elements of grime, chiptune, electro, dance and pop, MC commodore84 and producer ALEX_one bring old and new school into the same building for a serious lesson in hype.

commodore84 raps about everything from his love for women to ecological collapse. His flows are as colorful and precise as the original visual art he creates to package this unique brand of hip hop.

ALEX_one's fresh take on the beat is born from his vast array of musical influences and his virtuoso status as a drummer. The results are highly danceable, uptempo tracks that are eclectic and very pop-friendly.

Together, C84 and A1 bring something new to the table while staying true to hip hop's roots. Accessible enough to entice those turned off by rap, but faithful enough to satisfy the biggest head, Commodore84's originality has mass appeal."

I highly encourage all my readers to give these guys a listen and you can even buy their demo for free on their website http://www.commodore84.com/

So, there you go, rap I actually like, crazy I know.  Till next time. Peace.

2 comments:

Zidders Roofurry said...

Nerdcore.

Look up 2 Skinnee J's
Beefy
Charles Hamilton
Commodore 64
High-C
Jesse Dangerously
MC Chris
MC Frontalot
MC Hawking
MC Lars
MC Paul Barman[11]
MC Plus+
MC Router
Mega Ran
Monzy
Optimus Rhyme
Schäffer the Darklord
YTCracker
ZeaLouS1

Superawesomeman589 said...

Damn Z, that's a lot to look up lol.

Good list though.