November 16, 2011

Internet Woes At An End

So, it's been a bit before a nice update between the crappy net and Skyrim, I've been busy.

We had a tech out here about 3 days ago and ran some tests because our net kept dropping when there wasn't any outages, anyways turns out the modem needed replaced.

So he goes out to his truck to get the new modem
, and I love to follow repair people around, it helps me learn what they do, anyways I follow him down there and he's digging for like almost 10 minutes.  "Is there a problem?"  "I can't find a non router/modem combo for ya'll that's highspeed."  "Welp, this will have to do (removes the antennas off the back of the unit and goes back inside)

So, he gets it all hooked up and leaves, we use it for less then 24 hours and I decide I do not want a network that consists of;

Modem/Router--->Router---->Switch

I contact the support and tell them that I basically have no need for such a unit nor do I like it because I already have my own router.  So they said, "I'll put in an order for a brand new, this year, Docsis 3 modem.  You will get that in 3-5 days and it's at no charge to you."

Can you guys believe that?  A brand new Docsis 3 modem, highspeed of course, at no charge.  Oh, that's a sweet deal.  Those are normally 80-100 and up.  All we have to do is return that other unit and activate the new one.  OH MAN! XD

1 comment:

Superawesomeman589 said...

OH, come to find out. It's also fucking with Homegroup so we can't network the printer -.-

Stupid Router/Modem!