October 21, 2011

Noise

I hate it, in all forms.  Bass, music, screaming, yelling, TV's, w/e.  I have a severe problem with noise due to the OVER sensitive nature of my hearing.  I have REALLY, REALLY good hearing, probably because I'm half blind!

I also think I've further conditioned myself due to the events of my childhood and growing up to more readily pay attention to it.  The noises that most people
do not hear, I hear.  Cars going by, horns honking, alarms going off, people breathing, talking, laughing, etc.  The list goes on and on.  I'm not sure the specific names of these noises but they are BEYOND annoying to me.  Background sound,  I don't filter it out like most people do. I even hear the a/c kick on or buzzing from static on televisions and monitors.

Anyways, NOISE, it bothers me, drives me insane, and disturbs my peace.  The area I live in has nothing BUT noise.  Loud gangsta rap, bass, Mexican cantina music, screaming children, toys being scraped across the pavement.  It's no wonder I can't sleep half the fucking time...

I want it gone. All of it, GONE.

As of a few seconds ago, I just talked to the police and they said I'm unable to cite the apartment for failure to do anything about the noise.

I'm at the end of my rope here.  I'm so tired of this ghetto ass area, it's ghetto ass people, and the goddamn noise.

6 comments:

Omnifas said...

Noise happens everywhere super. I've contacted the police on a few occasions to report some party animals breaking the Noise Ordinance at 1:00am. 5 times to be exact...now they just talk loud as hell at 1:00am.

Superawesomeman589 said...

@Omnifas

I understand that noise is everywhere, but I do not have to deal with it when it's infringing on my right to peace, tranquility, and quietness.

I recommend writing a citation for those noisy neighbors. You have a right in the tenant rule books to peace, it's also stated in your lease.

I will probably have to threaten legal action against the apartment if they do not start doing anything about the noise because it's a violation of such and such an act, in paragraph this, under subsection that.

I'll get all legal on their ass and that should make them cave.

I just wish people weren't fucking dickheads! I know I may be an asshole prick, but goddamn at least I'm not noisy and disrespectful!

Webbstre said...

When I was in college I reported a few parties because I had work at ass-o'clock in the morning on Saturdays. One day a guy walked around in front of the apartments drunk and screaming that I should come out so he could kick my ass. I ended up renting a room from a crazy old hippie lady several blocks from school. These days I just have to get by on earplugs (I used to be unable to stand them until I found a type that was comfortable)

Superawesomeman589 said...

I would of called the cops and reported a madman, drunk, on my law, shouting threats and obscenities and I would like him removed from the property and detained in a holding cell.

Mr. Scheef don't do parties, loud noise, drinking, or fighting. Sorry, we are more civilized then that. Have some respect ese.

Zero said...

I completely agree with what you said as I am similar to you in that small faint noises bother me greatly... Now I'm not sure what you're situation is or anything, but if you've complained to the cops and cited your neighbors and such to still no avail, have you considered moving to eliminate the problem completely?

Superawesomeman589 said...

Lease isn't up till April, can't exactly move. We are trying to NOT break a lease so that we can get into nicer places by having like 2 years verifiable good rental history.

The police do not always issue citations but rest assured they get called, often times though the noise stops 20-35 min later when the police arrive or they perp has driven off.

Oh trust me, I would love to move to a nice unit, good maintenance, insulation, air, etc., but it's just not viable atm.