October 25, 2011

Apartment Is Becoming More Trouble Then It's Worth

So I think it's time to give the full back story on the apartment and why I bitch so much about it.  This will be a very detailed and bitchy post of misery.  Enjoy.

We moved here after
having been evicted from our previous residence NEARLY 2 years ago, here in Nov. 1st.  We will have been here 2 years.  We got evicted for not being able to pay rent.  He got sick with a stroke and was in the hospital for a week to run tests, I kept telling him to leave and get out once he started feeling better, but they kept telling him to stay.  Either way, he missed like a week of work and well that hurts the paycheck, A LOT.

So he misses work, we can't afford rent and to to make matters worse when he returned to work, his pay was cut.  he used to make 500 a week but then he got cut down to about barely 400 a week.  Our current apartment was about 550 a month so we had to go.

We kept looking and looking but got denied due to the broken leases of his past and we accidently broke a lease the year I first moved down here.  His landlord lied to him about the term and length of the lease, he thought it was 6 months, but it turned out to be a year, whoops.  Now, we keep a record of everything so that doesn't happen.

So, we found this place and it wasn't nice but we had LITERALLY no where to go.  They didn't' require a background check or a credit check, all they required was a small $50 deposit and the rental application to move in. I knew it was a bad sign but like I said, nowhere to go.  Plus we got a move in special, which we are still carrying with us.  We moved in for like 100 bucks and then we only had to pay 397 in rent, we still have that nearly 2 years later.  I can't complain about that, that was a good deal.

What I can complain about is;

Bad Management
Poor Maintenance
Loud Noisy Neighbors and other tenants
Poor building quality and insulation
Not up to Code
Breaking my tenant rights

Ok, so let's start off with Bad Management.  This bitch CLEARLY doesn't know how to run an apartment complex and she thinks she's slick cause her husband is a Martial.  She's lazy, doesn't do much, and often times talks to most everyone but us in Spanish, even our black neighbors hate it.  I find this annoying, degrading, and sketchy.  I don't speak much Spanish, but I know when I'm being talked about and fucked around.  I hate the Management team here.


Oh, where do I start with this one.  The MM is a lazy son of a bitch who doesn't like to work and pretends he doesn't speak English well but he can sure as hell understand when the manager is talking English!  They use it to their advantage as well.  Anyways, he's lazy, doesn't like to work, and HATES it when I go over his work to make sure it's done properly or well enough that it's not a problem anymore.  The other week he came to fix leaks right, and he was going about his business and I'm thinking he's going to fix the drip under the cabinet.  Nope, he wanted to walk off to the kitchen and say the bathroom was fine.  I hollered at his ass to get back in there and fix it, and that it was leaking under the cabinet.  He then proceeded to argue with me that it wasn't leaking.  Really?  Is that why I cleaned up a small RIVER of water under there about 7 days prior?  NO, bullshit.  I stood my ground and he caved and fixed the dripping.  However, while he was fixing said leaks, he turned to me and told me to not touch the water shut off valves because I could "break the main lines", I was insulted.  Um excuse me?  Break the lines for turning the water shutoff valves off when my shit is flooding?  I don't think so, so I argued with him about WHY I turned them off, you know because the cabinet had flooded, yet he insisted on me to leave them alone.  What a fucking idiot, break the mains...yah maybe if I turned them the wrong way and wrenched them about!  I'm a college educated white boy, I think I know how to deal with some damn simple valves -.-  This isn't the end either, it's like this EVERY SINGLE time. Except on the RARE occasion he actually understands something is fucking busted.  Dear God, those are wonderful days.

Next on the list, we got noise.  I don't know about you but I don't appreciate having my video game sessions, talk time, intimate sessions with the gf, or sleep interrupted by rambunctious parking lot ghetto dance music and bass!  I've complained to management several times about the issue, in writing, signed and dated, about the damn issue and all I hear is if it's before 10pm there is nothing that can be done.  Really?  Is that why when I call the police and explain to them the bullshit excuse you give me, they say um no, if it's bothering you, its too loud?  Yah, no sorry I'm not fucking stupid yet again poor management. It's a good thing the police actually come out and handle the situation but I'm about ready to start citing people left and right.  It's getting ridiculous.

These building are old, so freaking old in fact, they are falling apart and into disrepair.  Many of the roofs are damaged from the tornado last year and we had to leave our original unit because it was CONDEMNED DUE TO STORM DAMAGE A YEAR A FUCKING GO.  The insulation is poor, the quality is shit, they look like crap.  I honestly can't say much, although I heard one of my neighbors is dealing with rats...

These buildings...oh these buildings..there is no way these fuckers are up to code at all.  Rats, roaches, leaks, flickering lights, noise, weird smells, things breaking all the time, pipes getting backed up.  It's seriously hell living here.  The insulation is complete crap, it's usually about always 5-7 degrees warmer or COOLER then what I set the thermostat at, which is why working heat and air are important to me.  A properly insulated building, doesn't have that huge a offest, maybe 1-3 degress, MAYBE.  Ugh.

Now the final and most important, my tenant rights are being violated.  As I've said before, I'm not fucking stupid, not by a long shot.  I went and I found the Tenant Rights Rulebook for this year and I read over it.  She's in violation of so many rights, it's not even funny.

Right to Quiet Enjoyment-Noise pure and simple on and off all hours of the day except the VERY VERY EARLY mornings 12am-6am.

Right to Know Ownership Information-We recently requested via written and signed letter, the ownership information of the apartment.  We were told that the owner doesn't wish to be disturbed and that we couldn't have that information.  To further, her point, she stated that any kind of company or corporation would say the same.  Um, no, bullshit.  I've lived in several apartments and all of them have told me when I moved in, who owns them and when I can call the owner.

Right to have Emergency Maintenance-Oh, we get an emergency number but the fucker's laughable to say the least.  It's never answered on time, never after hours, and never 24/7/365 as it is supposed to be.  In fact, it's barely answered at all.  We phone the E line several times when our dishwasher flooded the carpet in our old unit.  It took them SEVEN FUCKING DAYS to come out with the carpet vac and extract the RIVER of water from our carpet, then they left.  No soap, no lifting of the carpet to check for mold, no nothing.  However, it's even more fucked up because he told me the dishwasher was leaking yet, he did not shut off the water valve.  Thank, fucking god the building was condemned and we had to move!

So that's the hellish situation we are in.  It absolutely sucks living here.  If you are in the Forth Worth area and you are thinking of renting at Woodstock Apartments, DON'T, RUN AWAY, AS FAR AS YOU CAN GO.

No comments: