October 21, 2011

Minecraft

I don't see the real big deal with this game, to me it's just like extreme lego building mixed with enemies, lag, and a pain of broken or nauseatingly boring tasks and farming.

With the latest update coming it may finally BECOME a GAME.  It's set to add in many RPG elements and such.

Anyways, due to the help of a friend I'm playing Zelda Adventure latest version but I'm noticing many of the mechanics of Java are broken.


I want to make a simple quick launch shortcut to launch the game from my QT bar but I'm unable, wtf is this fuckery?  I'm sorry but all the files are there, just one little registry file and BOOM it should work.  But no, it has to piss me off and be a pain in the ass making put an ungodly ugly desktop shortcut on my damn desktop just so I don't have to open the damn program folder every time I want to play.

Then there was the trouble of just GETTING it to work in the first place.  I wanted it on my F drive but that's not where my App data folder was so it said fuck you, and refused to work.  Then I had Comodo automatically sandboxing the damndable things.  UGH.

FINALLY, I got the damn thing working and I was playing it.  Vine climbing is a broken mechanic and the map is BEYOND useless.  It doesn't even have any markers of any sort.  I will have to either MAKE my own or remember bloody everything.

It's a good mod, but damn it needs some work.

OH JUST GREAT...I have apparently LOST my fucking torch because I accidentally hit the damn drop key instead of the inventory key, and it went down a pit and I fell and died. -.- HOW IRRITATING!

5 comments:

Webbstre said...

It's awesome because it is Lego with enemies :P You've got to have the self-driven sandbox-loving creative side to really get into it. Also there has never been vine climbing.

Superawesomeman589 said...

@Webbstre

I'm playing Zelda Adventure which is an Adventurecraft mod, I'm not playing vanilla Minecraft, I despise it. I've not played in SEVERAL months however, and I've heard many a thing has changed.

If notch didn't break the vine climbing then it's the mod creator unless he's substituting the vines as ladders just changing their textures for that specific portion/area.

I love sandbox, but I'm not creative and that's probably why I have a huge issue with it.

Unknown said...

I don't own Minecraft but I've watched quite a lot of videos of it. To me I feel the modders are improving upon Minecraft far better than Notch is.

The End is bland and disappointing as it is now, compared to the Aether which adds so damn much. A share of Notches profit should go to these mod maker's donation boxes. Hell Notch uses code from people's mods.

Omnifas said...

BTW that was me(Omnifas). was logged on my google sites editing account.

I suggest you backdate to 1.7.3 and try Aether, still sandboxy, but from what I've seen 1.9 can't hold a torch to it.

It's basically a floating world in the sky. With infinitely generated floating islands which you have to breed something to fly around in with 3 types of dungeons, and scripted boss battles.

Superawesomeman589 said...

@Omnifas

I much prefer Terraria when it comes to these sorts of things. It has great RPG elements and such, it's just a little short.

I just never really connected with Minecraft. I'm enjoying the Zelda mod though.

Yes, I do not feel that Notch is doing a particularly great job at moving things along.